Sr Data Scientist at Baker Hughes (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:48
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy technology company?
Join our Baker Hughes Data Science Team!
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. From Digital Engineering to enabling employee success, the Digital Technology team is driven to provide the best products and service. We collaborate with teams to solve complex technical challenges and design future innovations.
Partner with the best
As as Senior Data Scientist, you will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
As a Sr Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing machine learning algorithms, software utilities, tools, data sets, and experiments to build AI models.
- Building solutions and delivering code from POC to production-level maturity following agile development principles.
- Breaking down and understanding complex business problems, defining a solution, and implementing it using advanced quantitative methods.
- Keeping up to date with state-of-the-art machine learning literature and industry best practices for large-scale robust algorithm development.
- Documenting developments and results as needed for documentation, publications, patent submissions, and internal or external presentations.
- Unit-Testing for production quality code development and supporting end-to-end testing of delivered software components.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and regions.
Fuel your passion, To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's/ Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of record of accomplishment of advanced AI development
- Hands on experience in deep learning neural networks like CNN, RNN for object detection/recognition/tracking/classification, text detection, OCR, and optimization for targeted infrastructure.
- Applied experience with Reinforcement Learning is highly desired.
- Hands on Python, TensorFlow/PyTorch/Keras (or similar Deep Learning frameworks).
- Experience managing and developing with Linux based servers and distributed clusters & also building and training models in distributed cloud GPU clusters
- Experience deploying deep learning models in production (Cloud/Edge)
- Fluency in Python programming language to demonstrate the results of algorithmic approaches. Object-oriented programming skill is a plus.
- Experience working on public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP). Experience with AWS Sagemaker is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD, Docker Containers and Kubernetes along with strong software design and architecture skills with an eye towards avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL Databases along with with experience in Tableau, Power BI, and having a creative visualization mindset are very encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with some experience in front development (Angular, HTML and CSS) are encouraged to apply.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
Comprehensive private medical care options
Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!