Engineering Lead - Tech Solutions at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:48
The most important thing we’ve learned over the past year? Every challenge offers a new opportunity. With the travel industry being disrupted like never before, our mission is to drive the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose: to empower people to get more out of life.
We're looking for a motivated Engineering Lead to empower and inspire a team of 5 engineers and a QA as they work on our internal tools portfolio. You'll define the technical vision and direction of the team and ensure that they're always up to date with the latest technologies.
If this could be the next step on your development journey, we'd love to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Lead, develop and mentor the talents on your team.
- Work with the PO to define the technical vision and direction of the team.
- Guide the team to new technologies and solutions, keeping them inspired and on the cutting edge.
- Work in agile environment and interact with other Developers, POs and QA Engineers.
- Work hands on with our Internal Software Portfolio consisting of Financial and Organisational Applications.
Our Tech Stack:
What you’ll definitely need:
- Strong conceptual understanding of Software development methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of database technologies.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a software engineering team.
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps.
- An understanding of TDD, BDD and DDD.
What we’d love you to have:
- An understanding of Quality Assurance.
- Experience with derived data.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. We also offer further flexibility for parents of young children and talents with severe disabilities or health conditions.Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.