iOS Engineer / Swift Mobile Developer (Manchester, £50k) at Chalkboard Software Limited (Manchester, UK)
Location: Manchester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:01:05
- Job title: iOS engineer (Swift)
- Salary: £50k plus equity
- Location: Manchester, UK (optional hybrid remote)
WHO IS CHALKBOARD?
We level the playing field for small businesses, independents and professionals, giving them the tools they need to win new customers and keep them coming back.
Our technology is mobile first, and so we develop native mobile apps for iOS and Android. Learn more at our website.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We’re looking for a software engineer to work on our iOS app (Swift). You’ll work alongside backend engineers who will work on our GraphQL API, backend, and our web apps as well as Android engineers working with Kotlin.
A typical day could include:
- Writing and agreeing specifications with the backend engineers
- Using Figma designs to implement UI
- Mentoring other mobile engineers
- Coding new features
- Monitoring and maintaining the application
- Providing code reviews
- Responding to issues, troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Ensuring good test coverage across the codebase
- Helping research and define new features with the product/design team
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years commercial experience
- 3+ years working with Swift
- 2+ years working with MVVM/MVVM-C
- 2+ years experience of working with dependency injection
- Expert knowledge of testing
- 1+ years working with GraphQL
- Experience of leading features
- Experience of mentoring developers
- Some devops experience
WHY JOIN US?
- We’re an early stage startup with a focus on technical quality. Our processes, tech stack, test suites and technical approach are solid and robust and we want you to help us keep it that way.
- We are financially secure and well funded - financed by our experienced founder with 2 successful exits within technology.
- Freedom with accountability - we trust our team. We’re flexible, independent, and know our teammates will always deliver.
- Be part of a genuine and rewarding mission - supporting local businesses around the world.
- Hybrid office/remote - approx 1-2 days in office per week, remote for rest of week. Our base is at Beehive Lofts, Ancoats, Manchester.
- 25 days paid time off per year + bank holidays.
- Provided a MacBook Pro or choose your own with an allowance.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Written technical questions
- Intro call (15 minutes)
- Skills assessment - a short own-time challenge that takes no more than a few hours
- Full interview(s)