Senior Integrity Management Software Engineer at Baker Hughes (Abingdon, UK)
Location: Abingdon, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-10 05:00:44
Senior Integrity Management Software Engineer
Would you enjoy developing innovative software?
Are you passionate about Physics?
Join our innovating Flexible Pipe Services Integrity Management team!
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to provide solutions is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that inspect and monitor oil and gas offshore flexible pipes, to provide life extension analysis as an outcome. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Partner with the best
As Senior Software Engineer you will develop physics-based software for Baker Hughes Integrity Management Solutions for Oil & Gas offshore pipes. You will collaborate extensively with system engineers, product owners, subject matter experts and various product stakeholders to create unique products. You will implement solutions that are aligned with our future and extend shared platforms.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Devising and implementing software, to provide physics-based solutions for integrity management challenges in flexible and rigid pipes
- Supporting and advising on physics technology to engineering design teams engaged in development of IM technology products
- Researching and developing to a greater understanding of the principles underlying magnetic stress measurement
- Maintaining and supporting the work of others engaged in R&D into physics based technologies in integrity management
- Mentoring other members of staff on physics and software
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have BSc (physics/engineering) plus successful demonstrable post graduate experience in science/engineering and software
- Have significant experience in the application of physics in industry
- Have software development in C++ / C# / Python experience
- Have scientific modelling and analysis knowledge
- Hold an understanding or exposure to the Oil & Gas industry
- Be an excellent team player and display good communication skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!