JR0178225 OpenIPC Senior Software Engineer at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR)
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-10 05:00:52
JR0178225 OpenIPC Senior Software Engineer; Hillsboro, Oregon (pref’d) or Austin, TX:
Job Description Summary
Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, you’ll be at the forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineer leaders who can help us push computing capabilities even further. If you are passionately motivated by seeing your advanced product design creations used by millions of end users, then come join us.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a strong core team of great engineers who support trying new things, continued learning and professional growth, working to deliver debug solutions used by top technology companies. Our team leverages modern development practices and is supported by Continuous Integration regression systems. Our team offers a rare opportunity to work hands-on with every Intel lead silicon design, years before being publicly available. We are in a unique position within Intel where we work with every CPU, AI, autonomous driving product Intel produces. In contrast to being on a project development team spending year(s) working on one project before being able to move onto the next, our team plays a crucial role helping Intel deliver every next big thing. We extensively leverage Open Source libraries and frameworks wherever possible. Your source code may even be released to other companies and incorporated into their commercial products. You can personally choose to develop code on Windows, macOS or Linux platforms. We work with a variety of customers both internally and externally, including some of the biggest manufacturers around the world, as well as Tier 1 datacenters and Silicon Design experts. Our group sends engineers to labs all over the world supporting the first boot of new silicon designs. If this sounds exciting to you - and it should - we welcome you to join us.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Software development, software design, writing tests, and debug and bug fixes.
- Ramp includes learning about software features, architecture and code base.
- Technology learning about, JTAG, Debug for I3C, silicon debug features, and Intel Architecture.
- Hands-on lab work when integrating new features or when debugging customer issues.
- Grow your expertise in software engineering best practices, debug and problem-solving skills.
- Mentoring other engineers when the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position:
- 7 years of work experience in software development
- Understanding of the formal software lifecycle development process
- C++ or C development skills
- Experience in Object Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- Cross platform development (Linux, Unix, macOS) and related build infrastructure using CMake
- Python development and object serialization using XML or other
- Experience with hardware software integration debug
- Knowledge in Intel architecture and SoC designs
- Experience working with Intel Silicon Validation teams
- Familiarity with silicon debug protocols such as JTAG, I2C, SMBus and silicon tap device topology