Cloud Data Engineer at Weill Cornell Medicine (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-10 05:00:54
“Fantastic opportunity for your talents in human resources to shine at a world-class, health-care organization”
Cloud Data Engineer (49888)
Weill Cornell Medicine is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Since 1898, our doctors and scientists have been engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies.
This role is an opportunity to be immersed in digital pathology to design and implement solutions to solve some of healthcare’s largest and most complex challenges. Powered by the latest in cloud technologies and industry best practices such as event-driven architectures and scalable infrastructure. Leads the deployments of home grown, open-source and vendor supported data processing pipelines. This role leads by example and explores new technologies so as to mentor others and find new methods of innovation. This role works with and understands the business perspective and is able to translate that into concrete, automated Infrastructure as Code technical solutions.
- Works with implementation teams from concept to operations and provides subject matter expertise for deploying large scale data solutions. Owns digital pathology data pipeline product.
- Designs batch and real-time data pipelines and architectures for data processing both on premise and in the cloud to handle massive datasets from multiple data sources for modeling and downstream applications.
- Implements methods for DevOps for all components of implemented data pipelines to automate deployment between development and production.
- Works with cross functional stakeholders in IT, and Research to efficiently use Google Cloud Platform to analyze data, build data models, and generate reports/visualizations.
- Provides ETL/ELT from multiple systems into Cloud Data Warehouse. Cleans and validates data for production applications.
- Translates requirements into technical specifications; establishes and defines details, definitions, and requirements of pipelines, components, and enhancements.
- Supports the migration of applications to the cloud infrastructure and assists in the analysis, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or related field preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A total of 3+ years experience in enterprise data warehouse technologies. Designing, building, operationalizing large-scale data solutions and applications using one or more of GCP data and analytics services.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker containers, Kubernetes.
- Experience working with configuration and deployment tools like SaltStack, Terraform and Jenkins.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres. Including data lake, data warehouse ETL build and design.
- 1+ year of designing and building production data pipelines from data ingestion to consumption within a hybrid or cloud native big data architecture using Python, Java, SQL etc.
- GCP Associate Cloud Engineer or GCP Professional Data Engineer a plus.
- Additional experience with Azure or AWS a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Data migration and data processing on the Google Cloud stack (BigQuery, Cloud DataFlow, GCS, PubSub, Cloud Composer).
- Ability to script and develop in one common language (Python, Scala, etc.).
- DevOps and Github.
- Experience with healthcare standards such as HL7 and DICOM as well as common healthcare data formats.
- Understanding Infrastructure and Security Requirements (HIPAA).
- Knowledge of Web Services, APIs, and REST.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and act tactically.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
To apply, please visit:
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and New York-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.