Senior Director, Data Operations at The Goal Family of Companies (San Diego, CA)
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-10 05:01:15
Ascent Funding is an award-winning, rapidly growing private FinTech company in San Diego, CA with an immediate need for people with a passion for technology and a commitment to our social mission.
We are looking for a highly hands on, quality driven Senior Director of Data Operations to drive the implementation and adoption of modern data infrastructure and optimize our data and data pipelines that create actionable insights, analytics, and client-centric analysis.
In this role you would:
- Provide data engineering leadership and direction for the Ascent Data Operations team.
- Lead the setup of a new modern data warehouse and the production data process migration to the new environment.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Work with stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data and Marketing teams to deliver data and environments that meet their data-related needs.
- Support data science and machine learning modeling initiatives.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge tools and technology to advance our analytics strategy.
- Work closely with engineering, UX design, operations, finance, bank partners and loan servicers to deliver on new initiatives.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Services, or another quantitative field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience delivering enterprise data solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with Modern Data platforms and solving complex business problems using data and advanced analytical methods.
- Proven track record of leadership in data operations
- Knowledge and Experience withÃ¢ÂÂ¦
- Advanced SQL knowledge and SQL query authoring.
- Building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Relational databases (MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Microsoft data stack (MSSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, etc.)
- AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) and AWS Data Pipeline.
- Sourcing and modeling data from application REST-like APIs.
- Data visualization systems like Tableau or PowerBuilder BI.
- Passion for mastering new data and analysis related technologies and techniques.
- Exceptional analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sets.
- Intellectual curiosity and exceptional analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- A drive to succeed and win, sense of urgency, and passion for the work.
- All-around good teammates who are cooperative, approachable, and dedicated to helping others succeed.
Competitive pay with bonus, and comprehensive benefits package that includes, but not limited to:
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Company Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual HSA contribution of $1,500
- Life insurance, disability, and critical illness
- Birthday Holiday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks (when we are in the office)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- $2,000 Vacation Incentive Plan after 3 years + $1,000 Sabbatical day
- Community, Wellness funds and more
Learn more about our benefits by viewing our 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.