Cyber Security Consultants - Training Programme (Permanent) at F-Secure (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-11 05:00:34
Are you ready to get in to and kick start you career in cyber security as a penetration tester, security engineer or incident responder? This could be exactly what you are looking for! Our team is growing, and we are looking for smart entry-level consultants who are to join our Associate Scheme.
F-Secure Consulting Associate Scheme is designed to give you the best foundation for a rewarding and meaningful career in cyber security. This role will enable you to learn from, and develop your skills alongside, some of the best in the industry. You'll work with a wide range of clients to tackle some of the most pressing security challenges faced by our society today.
Who are we?
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
What we are looking for?
Our work is our passion and our play. It drives us to do more with our intellectual curiosity. People at F-Secure Consulting are encouraged and enabled to pave their own path, whatever their discipline, whatever the long-term dream.
To succeed at F-Secure and help our clients with their challenges you will need to be geared up with the following:
- A passion for security! You love computers, you love security, you love hacking things and solving problems. If this weren’t your job it would be your hobby.
- Self-motivation! You’re not going to be told what to do all the time. You are capable of figuring out what is of benefit to F-Secure and our clients and then run with it. We will give you the tools to succeed, but it is up to you to apply them.
- Hands-on computer science skills in programming, operating systems and networks – you don’t need a Computer Science degree, but equivalent knowledge is needed.
- Communication skills! How can we add value to our clients’ organizations unless we can tell them what we did, how we did it and how they can fix it? But communication also extends to sharing your knowledge with your colleagues and the wider industry.
What you will get from us:
We don't expect you to be an expert in every area of security. We will invest in your development, by offering you a variety of training and tools in the areas you are particularly interested in.
- A full-time role as part of our consulting teamYou'll be part of a team delivering penetration testing, red/blue/purple teaming, incident response, and threat hunting. Client projects will involve helping organizations from innovative startups to global enterprises solve some of the most difficult security challenges.
- Three-month training programmeYou’ll be hacking web and mobile applications, breaking into networks, crafting phishing email payloads, hijacking DevOps pipelines and finding vulnerabilities in cloud environments. You’ll also learn everything involved in delivering a client project, from scoping to planning and managing its delivery, reporting and presenting your findings.
- Assigned time for your own self developmentYou can use this time for researching security issues in devices or software, developing tools, and complete further training and professional certifications. We encourage consultants to take part in international hacking competitions, share their research via blog posts, conference talks and teaching and mentoring other consultants.
- Dedicated mentoring supportYour mentor will help you settle into the team, find and explore your interests, and deal with the challenges that you'll naturally face when delivering work in a fast-paced field such as cyber security. Together with your mentor, you'll craft your own unique path leading to a fulfilling, rewarding and meaningful career.
Where is the position based?
We have three UK offices: London, Manchester and Basingstoke, you can decide which of these will be your base. The first 3 months of this role will require 50% of your time to be spent in the London office, the other 50% you can opt to work remotely. Following this, it will be a combination of remote, office and client site work, depending on your projects.