QA Automation Engineer at Smile (CA) () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-11 05:00:35
We at Smile are on a quest to take the “work” out of work. To do this, we’re on the search for a self-motivated and inquisitive QA Automation Engineer to help delight our customers by finding bugs and crafting an amazing experience for our TextExpander product.
Who you are:
You love to break things! You spend a minute with a piece of software, and you’ve found three novel ways to break it.
Inquisitive by nature, you love to ask “what happens if…?”. You realize that if you don’t find the bugs, our customers will.
You are self-directed and can manage your time well. You know when it’s time to move on to the next task.
You're comfortable working in a distributed environment with a small and talented team where you'll find the support you need in your efforts to grow professionally.
You write excellent automated testing and know when is the appropriate time to use automation.
You’re no stranger to designing test plans and automation frameworks, and you’re probably quite the JIRA jockey.
What you’ll do:
As our QA Automation Engineer, you will work on the TextExpander server team, working with Node backend development and React front-end web application.
As a valued member of our engineering team, you will function as the advocate for all things QA. You will have the authority to make decisions about designing test plans and automation frameworks. Our engineering team will rely on your automation expertise to improve our server-side testing in new and interesting ways - you’re the QA expert!
- Work with other members on the server team to produce automated acceptance tests for the TextExpander codebase, including both server-based acceptance tests and browser-based UI tests.
- Incorporate automated tests into the development environment for continuous testing.
- Develop formalized test plans and procedures.
- Collect and analyze test automation metrics.
- Work closely with engineers to correct defects.
- Assist with server releases.
- 3+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance roles
- Mastery of test management software and QA Methodologies
- Experience with web browser testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Comfortable with MongoDB
- Comfortable with Git
- Strong English writing, communication & video conferencing skills
- Self-starter with strong drive, comfortable with little supervision
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable
Tech needed for the job:
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
Skills needed to succeed at Smile:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable with little supervision
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Highly detail-oriented
- Adaptable, able to learn and grow
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable (like us!)
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Load testing frameworks
- Automated testing in CI environments
- Comfortable with Macintosh, Windows, and Chrome operating systems
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule (with some US time zone overlap)
- Work remotely
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely knit, geographically diverse company. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade.
At Smile, we embrace diversity. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.