Controls Software Engineer at Baker Hughes () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-11 05:00:50
Control Software Engineer
Would you like to be involved in designing innovative products?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
You'll be responsible for Control software development for Gas / Steam Turbine driven trains for both compression and power generation applications.You'll work on activities relevant to Control Systems either for Customer projects or tasks and validation of the relevant solution.
As a Control Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing application software for Gas turbines, Steam Turbine for mechanical (compressor) & generator applications
- Interpreting the P&ID & implementation of all the control loops/schemes
- Validating test and the operative sequences
- Developing and testing of HMI/SCADA
- Translating requirements / specifications into control logic/software and deliver projects within required timelines and with high quality standards.
- Working with internal stake holders & customers & ensure unit control panel FAT/SAT is closed for the projects.
- Providing support to the site in successful commissioning of the machines within the SLA boundaries.
- Working on the products like GE Speedtronic (Mark Vie), Siemens, Triconex, Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc (RX3i, Rx7i) & SCADA ,Cimplicity, WinCC
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Btech/ MTech in Instrumentation , Electrical or Electronic
- Have proven working experience in an engineering position for Control Software design
- Be proficient in industrial PLC programming languages and configuration tools
- Have proficient understanding and implementation experience of control logic/ application software for rotating machinery application in Oil & Gas Domain.
- Have exposure to all the applicable standards for the control systems of rotating machinery equipment in Oil & Gas Domain
- Have exposure to acceptance test procedures (FAT/SAT), involving major Oil & Gas customers & EPC organizations.
- Have exposure to site commissioning procedures of gas/steam turbines involving major Oil & Gas customers & EPC organizations
- Be an excellent team player & work with the team in resolving the critical situations evolve during the project execution.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!