Software Engineer at Baker Hughes (Chengdu Shi, China)
Location: Chengdu Shi, China
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-11 05:00:51
Join our Our Oilfield Equipment R&D team
Our Oilfield Equipment business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations.
Our Oilfield Equipment
Partner with the best
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a global and multi-disciplinary team and develop highly reliable control system.
You will be responsible for:
- Participant in the design and development of control system software to work with electrical & mechanical modules, and provide assistance to both internal and external customers;
- Do code implementation and be responsible for design documents, test procedures, installation procedures, troubleshooting, etc.;
- Provide technical support to customers, manufacturing, sales and field services
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures;
- Adhere to Software Quality processes and procedures;
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in EE, Computer Science, or related ;
- Experience of development on UNIX/LINUX, or similar OS platforms;
- 2-years direct experience in programming with C and C++
- Familiar with common version control tools, like TFS, SVN, ClearCase, etc;
- Knowledge of remote I/O protocols, such as Modbus, Profibus, OPC, etc, as a plus;
- Solid knowledge of software lifecycle, expertise of water flow and agile processes;
- Solid oral and written communication skills, good written and oral English skills;
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!