PHP Developer (m/f/x) at Pepper Media Holding GmbH (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-12 05:00:05
At Pepper.com we believe people should be influenced by expert opinions and not by marketing strategies. We want people to find the right product that fits not only their budget, but also their needs. We all have this friend that we call if we need shopping advice and in the online world that is Pepper.com. Our mission is to achieve exactly that, by giving the reach and voice to people like you and me who are passionate about deals and are willing to share their expertise with our communities around the world. We are building the best place for consumers to share their knowledge and learn from other experts to make the best decisions.
To achieve that we need you! Someone who shares our values and is just as passionate as we are about helping over 25 million people every month to make better purchase decisions.
Tell us about yourself
We are looking for an experienced and passionate PHP Developer to join our IT Team in Winnipeg. You will play a central role in our data-driven strategy, crafting high-quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. You will build the backend systems that power our fast-growing business and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful and fashionable community for everyone!
This is how you can help us
- Write awesome code
- Implement and tweak awesome features
These skills will make you successful in your role
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a PHP developer
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgresql)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony, Zend)
- Knowledge of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
- Self-motivation and a passion for learning new technologies
- Experience with SCM (git or svn)
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Solr, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, or Memcache is a plus
- Experience with TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- Experience with Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Experience with continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
- Experience with containerization and docker
- Fluent in English and you are already based in Canada
This is how we will support you
- Flexible working hours, cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people
- An agile team in implementing complex/innovative features
- Professional development opportunities incl. Training and further education
- “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- 5 Personal Development days
- Employee Assistance Program
What makes your job different from others?
We are not your classical startup as we actually do not have outside funding. This means we do not chase senseless KPIs to close our next funding round, but aim to make the right decision to lead us to be long-term successful. Pepper.com was founded in 2014 after hotukdeals.com (launched in 2004) and mydealz.de (launched in 2007) merged to build a global shopping community. We found multiple allies around the world to join our vision and are currently over 250 people, more than 40 nationalities split over 12 countries and 4 continents. With our oldest community being over 15 years old we are building things to last and hopefully change peoples’ lives for the better.
We believe hiring should be based on values, passion and soft- and hard-skills. While we acknowledge that we all have bias- gender, race, religion, origin, sexual orientation or age does not play a role in our decision process. Diversity and differences make us stronger as a company, and help us to connect with our community and with each other.
Data protection policy