Senior FrontEnd Engineer at Volvo Cars (Göteborg, Sweden)
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-12 05:00:37
Software development that makes a differenceThis role is within our Global Online Digital team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There's no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission.
You will be responsible for developing front-end software for consumer-facing and internal products across more than 100 countries. We create the end-to-end experience for online sales/subscriptions of cars, global campaigns as well as frameworks for other parts of Volvo cars. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts, and regular product development.
You should have a start-up experience where you have quickly developed prototypes and catalyzed product development in a fast-paced, fluid environment. You are a hands-on developer with front-end experience. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
You and your skills
You are experienced as a front-end software engineer. To succeed in this role, you need to have:
- a minimum of 3 years of work experience developing front-end software
- Expert in React.js
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience in using Next.js framework
- Experience in using one or more cloud providers like AWS or Azure
- Experience in building accessible and performant websites
- Experience with headless content management systems
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
- Last but not least, share our passion for cars and developments in the auto industry.
This position would sit in either our Gothenburg or Stockholm office. We Sponsor VISA.