Developer Technology Engineer - Test Automation (C++ / Python / Jenkins) at Imagination Technologies (Kings Langley, UK)
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-12 05:01:03
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
Hybrid Working Model
Imagination Technologies operates a hybrid working model globally that allows our employees to split their time between attending the workplace and working remotely. This role can be based at any of our UK offices; Cambridge, Bristol, King Langley or based remotely within the United Kingdom
What you’ll be doing
As a Test Automation Engineer for the PowerVR Developer Technology team, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the automated testing of our tools to ensure their product quality and robustness, and learn how to apply this knowledge to improve the performance and reliability of our deliverables.
- Develop and maintain our automated testing system
- Oversee its operation and performance
- Gather and present metrics regarding test results
- Work closely with PowerVR tools members to ensure that the entire software stack is solid and reliable
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Some proven work experience with automated testing for regression and performance profiling purposes
- Experience with creating testing plans
- Experience running tests in a Continuous Integration framework (Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Excellent scripting programming skills (Python, Perl, Bash)
- C/C++ programming experienc
- Excellent communication skills and proactive attitude
You might also have;
- Experience with quality assurance policies and procedures
- Experience with Android
- Experience with hardware and platform architectures
- Experience with 3D graphics: OpenGL, Vulkan, or DirectX
- Experience with Desktop UI testing frameworks (SikuliX, LDTP)
- Experience with remote administration of Windows, Linux, and macOS machines
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.