Software Architect at Contrast Security () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-13 05:00:40
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Are you interested in pursuing a life changing experience in the field of application security and continuous delivery? Contrast is looking for an enthusiastic technical architect who enjoys taking on any challenges thrown at them. We are an exciting team that is growing leaps and bounds each month. This person should take a holistic view of our application architecture with sincere attention to quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability. This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve the accuracy, findings and reporting of code analysis. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of product and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals. Ideal candidates should have a background designing, developing and deploying distributed systems and components.
This is a remote position that work within any US time zone. Traveling to an offsite event may take place on an annual basis.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and refine feature requests
- Guide consistency, standards and alignment across diverse development teams
- Communicate technical risk, feasibility, and performance concerns to non-technical stakeholders
- Advocate for dev teams communicating technical needs, constraints, capabilities, and opportunities
- Understand and communicate the broader context in which features interact and encourage holistic vs. local thinking (optimizations/efficiencies)
- Define non-functional requirements for features to ensure they meet scalability, performance, observability, and other non-functional needs
- Translate feature requests into technical designs, satisfying both functional and non-functional constraints
- Maintain a long-term strategic vision for the architecture and work to align short-term tactical efforts with it
- Maintain a breadth of knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and practices and apply them when appropriate
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with: software development (Java, .NET or other), RDBMS, NoSQL data stores, messaging systems, cloud technologies, etc.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and agile architecture techniquesExperience in design and development of complex, web-based, distributed systems offered in SaaS and on-premises
- Experience with messaging and/or streaming systems
- Experience with clean API design and standards
- Knowledge of distributed architectures and distributed design patterns
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and application security testing preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.