Full-Stack Engineer (TypeScript / Node.JS) at buildit (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-13 05:01:01
Full-Stack Engineer (TypeScript)
- London, UK
buildit is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro iDEAS. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at-risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and rapid product development.
What do we do:
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile and Lean methodologies)
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a high caliber, hands-on Full-Stack Engineer (TypeScript) with excellent comprehension of modern engineering concepts from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- Solve complex business challenges, defining and building best practices focused on cloud native architectures
- Define, build, and deploy effective and targeted strategies to accelerate broad pre-sales engineering activities
- Develop automated solutions to build, deploy, and test applications in a cloud environment
- Own, oversee, and drive improvement of the software development practice across the project team
- Coach/mentor client, and consulting teams whilst delivering transformative solutions
Specific skills requirements:
- 7+ years in software engineering
- Strong recent hands-on experience with Node.JS, Typescript and Azure or AWS
- Some familiarity of developing cloud native applications and/or migration would be advantageous
- Good theoretical understanding of cloud technologies
- Strong desire to build DevOps knowledge, with keen demonstratable interest in the field
- Hands-on practitioner with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software
- Performed and accepted regular code reviews
- Understand high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Led initiatives to identify value work and execute delivery
- Demonstrated leadership through influencing stakeholders and up-skilling engineers
- Demonstrated Commercial awareness using a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with DevOps architecture and tools such as, Kubernetes (AKS), Jenkins, Docker, Azure DevOps, Urbancode
- Azure - Azure API Gateway / APIM knowledge, Azure Analytics
- Monitoring - Dynatrace, Splunk
- Hands on experience with Kafta
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology field is preferred
If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.