Growing .NET team - hiring 6 awesome developers! at Smokeball () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-17 05:00:25
Job type:Full-time Experience level:Mid-Level, Senior Industry:Accounting Software, Cloud Computing, Legal Technology Company size:51-200 people Company type:Private
Smokeball: Legal Practice Management Software.Small law firms help their local communities work through the mess of life, and Smokeball helps these firms bill more without their clients paying more. Intriguing right?
Top 3 Highlights about Smokeball
- Culture is sacred. As a winner in the 2019 and 2020 'Best Place to Work', company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success. It’s all about our people at the end of the day.
- The best product in legal tech - we think deeply about the challenges of small law firms, and instead of delivering the “faster horse”, we drive innovations that truly change the lives of our clients.
- Growth – Claim your seat on the rocket ship! Smokeball has just had its best year ever and we’re headed to new heights in 2021 and beyond.
Not sure about legal tech industry? well read this…
Small law firms are at the heart of our local communities, and are there for us at our most stressful times. They help us deal with difficult family issues like divorce and aging family members; they help us with exciting life opportunities like starting a business or buying a first home. Whatever it is, chances are it’s the most important thing happening in that person’s life at that time. For small law firms, it’s a hard job, a stressful job, and while they’re here for us, Smokeball is here for them. Our software empowers them to get their work done faster, work smarter, and track their time accurately so they get paid properly for the work they’re doing.
Your day-to-day activities will focus largely on development of desktop apps written in .NET technologies. You will work in a tight-knit, collaborative, agile team environment and will be responsible for the ongoing development of a highly distributed applications working within the latest .NET technologies.
- Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support
- Implement all aspects of an application design – high performance design, coding, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing
- C# .NET
- Desktop app experience a plus but not required
- Design Patterns (CQRS, Dependency Injection, Event Sourcing)
- Distributed, service orientated architecture (NServiceBus or ASP.NET a bonus!)
What is in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-growing product team working on disrupting the market. You will get an opportunity to work on new products and watch them come to life.
- You will not be the smartest in the room - work with a diverse and talented team of people.
- Competitive salary, a fun working environment, and lots of perks.
- Regular bonuses
- Employee share scheme
- Loads of work flexibility - ability to work from home frequently
- Awesome off-sites and parties
- Smokeball company lunches all around Sydney - come to one or come to all!
- $1000 well-being allowance
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- And of course...the SWAG!
How we work:
Following Verne Harnish’s growth methodologies, we have a BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal!); we strategise every third, set big company and individual goals; and most importantly, communicate and share our strategic priorities with the entire team. At Smokeball you will always know where we’re heading, why, and will have the opportunity to challenge and contribute to our success.
Last, but not least, these are our core values, our North Star, guiding us every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Own your client’s experience. Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
If our values resonate with your personal values and the role is a fit, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is only open to Australian residents, as unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.