System Analyst at WeLab Bank Limited (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-17 05:00:34
WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (), Taoxinji (), Wallet Gugu () and Tianmian Tech () in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.
As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Analyze, evaluate and modify new/existing programs and systems
- Translate Business requirements into technical requirements and design
- Prepare specification, change requests and documentation
- Perform programming, testing, debugging and conduct effective code walkthrough
- Prepare and execute test plan and scripts for system integration test
- Prepare technical implementation plan
- Provide support to production system
- Perform user support and training
- Ensure the service levels are met as well as auditory and regulatory compliance are met
What is required and what we’re looking for
- Degree holder in IT, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in system development, preferably in Wealth Management
- Experienced in HTML5, CSS3, REST API, SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experienced working with cloud native technologies. Candidates who possess AWS certification are preferred.
- Experienced in working in an agile team with software engineering practices like automated testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, etc. is preferred.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Good logical and analytical reasoning capabilities.
- Fluent in English, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux platforms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Team player, multi-tasking skills, can-do attitude and able to work with tight timeline
- Good sense of the UX/UI design is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Happiness Dollars for spending on anything that makes you happy
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- Financial Times (FT) 2020 Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies – #2 ranked company
- 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 List – #11, only company included from Hong Kong and just one of five from Asia
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please apply with resume via the "Apply" button.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.