.Net Software Engineer III at Groups360 (Brentwood, TN)
Location: Brentwood, TN
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-17 05:00:38
Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The .Net Software Engineer III works with a highly collaborative team. This position should be familiar with the concepts of Agile/Scrum processes and be interested in participating in and helping to maintain that culture. This position will help to build a world class platform that will deliver best-in-class, well-crafted code. The .Net Software Engineer III should have extensive experience with .Net and C# and be familiar with RESTful API’s, ReactJS, Ruby/Rails, Redis, Async/Batch processing, SOA, and Elasticsearch.
What you will do:
- Analyze and refactor legacy application written in C#.
- Deliver code for a C# tech stack and work with a platform that is comprised of ReactJS, Ruby/Rails, and PostgreSQL running in a Linux environment.
- Work on various parts of both the front-end and back-end of the platform that is built as a micro-services architecture.
- Responsible forchecking incodefrequently to ensure integration withourtest- drivenCI/CD pipeline.
- Build unit tests to help ensure solid workmanship.
- Collaborate with the Product Development Team to help plan our implementation strategies.
- Troubleshoot issue and work support tickets.
Education and experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience with back-end development or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with .Net/C# required.
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL tech stack or equivalent relational database.
- Fundamental Ruby on Rails experience or must obtain within three months of employment.
- Understanding of Micro Service/SOA concepts.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Understanding of application security concepts (e.g. OWASP).
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Demonstrated experience with RESTful API’s.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Familiar with the concepts involved with Design Patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to work well independently or with a team.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills; ability to utilize communication skills to effectively influence across functions and business units as well as across different leadership levels.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven and execution-oriented personality, ready to take ownership and get results.
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint.
- Other qualification as required.
Core Business Hours:8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.
Location:Brentwood, TN (IN-OFFICE POSITION)
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.