Software Architect Lead at WeLab Bank Limited (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-17 05:01:07
WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (), Taoxinji (), Wallet Gugu () and Tianmian Tech () in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.
As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Lead the development of target enterprise architecture, introduce new practices, processes, operating models, techniques, technologies and standards where needed
- Working with Front-end and Back-end Architects and Leads to plan, design, and often code on the entire product lifecycle ensuring tradeoffs are evaluated, deadlines are met, to deliver high software quality and security
- Lead complex programming tasks and perform code reviews
- Provide domain expertise around DevOps and enterprise technology
- Oversee progress of project teams to ensure consistency with initial design
What is required and what we’re looking for
- Degree holder, preferably in Computer Sciences or similar IT related fields
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management build processes, testing and operations
- Technical hands-on experience in writing cloud-native microservices based on Java
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda), Google Cloud, or other public cloud platforms
- Experience with at least one type of queuing system (Apache Kafka, MQ, SQS, etc)
- Broad experience with various technologies, such as REST/Web Service APIs, Node.js, React Native, Python, Springboot , Kubernetes deployment, CI/CD tools
- Experience with RDBMS & NoSQL DB
- Team management experience and leadership skills in driving a high-performance team
- Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, Cantonese & Mandarin would be a plus
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Happiness Dollars for spending on anything that makes you happy
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- Financial Times (FT) 2020 Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies – #2 ranked company
- 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 List – #11, only company included from Hong Kong and just one of five from Asia
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please apply with resume via the "Apply" button.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.