(Senior) Frontend Developer at eBay Classifieds Group (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-17 05:01:09
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
- Build the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
- Drive and shape our ongoing journey towards flexible micro frontends
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team
- Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
- Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Strong Knowledge around frontend tools and frameworks (React.js, Webpack, Node.js, Next.js, jQuery)
- Experience in manual testing and test automation (e.g. Jest, JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
- Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in team work
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Jenkins, Git, and npm
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.