Django Backend Developer at Chaturbate () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-18 05:00:30
Who We Are & What We're Doing:
Office Locations: Los Angeles, CA/San Francisco, CA/Irvine, CA or remote nationwide.
We are a tech company, operating a thriving and growing broadcast platform, Chaturbate.com! We are Alexa ranked in the top 50 sites internationally, and the top 20 in the United States, with over 10 million daily users, and a worldwide community of fans. Independent Broadcasters use our platform to create and share live streaming video, photographs, and similar content.
Our sophisticated system has multiple parts, including but not limited to payment gateways, live chats, and video streaming technology. Every contribution here is of high impact and affects the experience of millions of users using the site every day.
How we build the product: The platform is built on Python/Django framework with TypeScript on the front-end, and some parts of the platform in Java, Golang, and Rust.
What You'll Do:
Mainly, you will be participating in brainstorming to figure out the best technical solutions to achieve the goals set by the management. As a top-notch software engineer in our team, you will be accountable for building comprehensive technical solutions with high-quality standards and practicing clean coding styles. The day-to-day tasks may include building new features for the site, fixing existing bugs, and refactoring/optimizing existing code to deliver the best consumer experience for both users and broadcasters worldwide.
This includes working on features that are supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles. As a backend engineer, it is expected to work with large data sets and being an expert in designing efficient algorithms, queries, and caching methods.
We value an initiative and are willing to support you in making appropriate technical decisions.
A few advantages to joining our team:
- A people-first culture, with many initiatives that support the well-being of our employees.
- Top performing mentors and team members, joining us from careers at Google, Imgur, Etc.
- An inclusive and encouraging environment that gives everyone on our teams the ability to positively impact the business!
- The opportunity to work on huge-scale projects that improve people's lives across the entire globe!
- A degree in STEM and/or relevant professional experience
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals - algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- 3+years of professional experience and expert knowledge of the inner workings of Django.
- Proven problem-solving and fast-learning skills.
- Fair and competitive base salary.
- Fully Remote Optional
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurances for you and any dependents, with policy premiums covered by the Company.
- Optional 401k with 5% matching
- 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, and one Floating Personal Day.
- Paid Lunches in-office, or if Remote, a $40/week stipend for GrubHub.
- And much more!
Our Recruiting Process:
We value the sense of urgency and aspire to build a smooth and transparent recruiting process.You will start with a phone screen conducted by one of our in-house recruiters, followed by a technical interview with our Backend team lead to test your Django skillset, then participate in a live coding/ code review session with the Head of Engineering, finishing with a Meet & Greet with your potential team!
Multi Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply!