Fullstack Developer at WeLab Bank Limited (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-18 05:01:04
WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (), Taoxinji (), Wallet Gugu () and Tianmian Tech () in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.
As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Full-stack development with latest technologies.
- Enhance our current applications, technical architecture enhancements, code refactoring, incorporating updated libraries.
- Ensure smooth and performant operation of applications in production.
- Maintain our continuous integration and delivery by enhancing to our CI/CD pipeline.
- Create technical documentation and providing written knowledge transfer material
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical design
What is required and what we’re looking for
- Degree or above in Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experienced in HTML5, CSS3, REST API, SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experienced in working in an agile team with software engineering practices like automated testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, etc. is preferred.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Good logical and analytical reasoning capabilities.
- Fluent in English, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Happiness Dollars for spending on anything that makes you happy
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- Financial Times (FT) 2020 Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies – #2 ranked company
- 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 List – #11, only company included from Hong Kong and just one of five from Asia
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please apply with resume via the "Apply" button.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.