Senior Azure DevOps Architect with Terraform Experience at Scalable Path () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-18 05:01:17
Scalable Path is looking for a Senior Azure DevOps Architect with Terraform Experience to work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position. The client is also open to candidates who are available part-time.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is an Arizona-based SaaS company that provides web-based enterprise software and market data to companies in the commercial real estate industry to do analytics and benchmarking across their competitive landscape. They enable clients to use actionable data and analytical tools to better understand and strengthen their position in the marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is in the process of migrating their SaaS application infrastructure from Heroku to Azure and they need a senior consultant to help them complete a Proof-of-Concept (POC) and show their internal team a blueprint for migrating their app from Heroku to Azure.
They want to follow best practices when it comes to access/security, accounts, resources, and overall architecture so they have the right foundation for growth in Azure.
This job is to design architecture and build the POC of running our application in Azure.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong Experience with Azure and Azure Web App Service
- Strong Experience with Terraform
- Strong/Medium Experience with GitHub Actions
- Some experience with build process for Node apps
Project Goals and Requirements:
- Potentially use Azure Web Apps (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-service/web/) provides a very similar service to Heroku and can facilitate a simpler transition to Azure than jumping to Kubernetes or Serverless.
- Validate launching all our application in Azure
- POC should have a reasonable amount of best practices built in (resource naming, security, network isolation)
- POC should continue to use GitHub actions and Terraform to launch infrastructure
The client would like an estimate of the work prepared. This should assuming that their in-house DevOps engineer will be facilitating any access/question requirements to unblock.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working with an existing DevOps engineer (and occasionally the CTO) who will provide support answering any questions and giving appropriate access. The client is in the Europe/Belgrade (+02:00) CEST time zone.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 0-1 months
There is a possibility to extend the engagement if things go well.
- Azure (Must have)
- Terraform (Must have)
- GitHub Actions (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- Autoscaling (Must have)
- Node.js (Nice to have)