Business Systems Analyst - Calypso at AIMCo (Edmonton, AB, Canada)
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-19 05:00:47
Are you an individual with keen interest in Technology and Finance, eager to refine your experience with a best-in-class IT system? Do you want to contribute to the financial security of hundreds of thousands of Albertans by ensuring the foundational IT systems are well designed, built and working at peak efficiency? Are you a natural problem solver who thrives when you need to implement new solutions or trouble shoot to solve complex problems? If this sounds like you, we are excited to meet you.
As a Business Systems Analyst in the Operations and Delivery teams you will be providing comprehensive application expertise to deliver projects to support AIMCo business objectives, as well as maximizing the potential of available information technology applications and systems such as Calypso. Your work will play a critical role in ensuring the accurate and timely valuation of AIMCo’s $118 B investment portfolio.
- Working closely with the Business Technology (BT) delivery manager, project managers and business stakeholders to facilitate the successful completion of the projects
- Liaising with external vendors and Business Technology teams on execution of projects, through initiation, planning, build, testing, deployment and close out phases
- Providing analytical, consultative and technical services to support development and maintenance of business processes and workflows for Calypso applications
- Supplying expertise in the interface development and architectural integration between applications
- Identifying and communicating potential risks and possible solutions to ongoing projects
- Researching and pursuing areas of improvement and automation for repeatable tasks and processes
- Designing, configuring, integrating and maintaining applications and interfaces using various programming languages and tools
- Embracing accountability, enhanced decision making and integrity to deliver on our cultural commitment of Doing Business the Right Way
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining source code for Java applications using technologies such as Eclipse, Azure DevOps, Maven, Git, Ant and/or Gradle
- 2+ years of experience in working with Oracle relational databases would be ideal
- Exposure to the investment industry and knowledge of various financial instrument life cycle events is considered an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL, .net, DevOps and Agile methodologies would be beneficial
- Familiarity with SimCorp Dimension, Bloomberg, Charles River, Calypso, Eagle, Murex and integration platforms is an asset
- Thrives under pressure and takes a proactive approach to problem solving
- Adept at managing multiple, concurrent deadlines and shifting priorities
- Passion for continuous learning and outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will have achieved a strong understanding of AIMCo’s investment workflows and lifecycle events within the first year and become asubject matter expert with Calypso with your notableproblem-solving skills.
Benefits and Rewards
- Exciting special project work and stretch assignments
- Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs
- Health care spending account and onsite fitness facilities
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $118 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.
We are excited to meet you. Please submit your resume or CV to be considered for this opportunity. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, we will be in touch with any questions.
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.