Software Engineer at Linewize by Family Zone (Perth, Australia)
Location: Perth, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-19 05:00:57
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering highly scalable and performant micro-services. You will be an active participant in agile ceremonies, a team collaborator, and passionate about crafting high-performance web applications. Most importantly, you will be a valued member of the wider engineering team, and what you do will be used by customers in homes and schools around the globe.
Who are we?
We’re a tech company that exists to protect and support every child's digital journey. We’ve grown fast - we’re ASX-listed and currently have 180 people, working in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and the US. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far... and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What will you bring?
- Must have 4 - 8 years of demonstrable experience in at least one general purpose programming language (Java, Go or C#);
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology;
- You look at coding language as a tool and are willing to adapt to new frameworks and languages as required;
- You have a strong fundamental understanding and implementation experience with various data-stores (databases, caches, CDNs, etc.);
- Cloud experience on a major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- You're highly collaborative, lead by example and own your code in production;
- The ability to build quality into your code upfront and resolve production issues from diagnosis to understanding the root cause;
- You’re open-minded and adaptable in responding to new challenges and opportunities.
Why choose Linewize by Family Zone?
In this role, you can expect:
- Support with flexible working, including options to work from home
- Competitive salary, including company shares
- A fantastic office space, with 'end of trip' facilities, collaborative workspaces, free fruit and Friday drinks
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose...
As a Software Engineer, your skills, knowledge and ideas will help children stay safe online. It feels good to do good.
- With people who care...
Our engineers are amazing! They’re also amazingly supportive. We take ownership of our own work, while also working together, to win as one.
- Through work that you love...
You’ll work on modern tech, processes and data scaling challenges for a global customer base - all in a fast-paced and supportive learning environment.
- And a career that you own.
There are so many opportunities to grow your skills and knowledge. And as you step up and take ownership to make things happen, you’ll carve out an incredible career.
What’s our technology stack?
The tech stack you’ll be using will depend on the team you’re working with. But the range of technologies we use means there are always opportunities for further growth and development.
Our platform is predominantly cloud-based (AWS & GCP), and we have a rich tapestry of architectural components and processes including:
- RESTful backend services (Java, Python, Node.js, Go)
- Client-side static apps (React, Bootstrap, Backbone, AngularJS)
- Fit-for-purpose filtering clients deployed across laptops, mobiles and tablets (Go, Java, Kotlin, C/C++, Swift)
- Database technologies, both RDBMS and NoSQL
- Deployment and orchestration via Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Distributed version control via Git and build management via TeamCity / Bamboo.
- VPN servers, firmware & low-level packet inspection
We’d love you to apply, even if you don’t have experience with our entire tech stack. We’re pro-learning, good engineering and coding paradigms, rather than specific tools.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Australia, and successful candidates will be required to obtain a current police clearance.