Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d) at Relayr (Katowice, Poland)
Location: Katowice, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-19 05:01:17
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group. Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo.
The Polish division of relayr is responsible for developing software for the IoT enterprise platform with all software designed, implemented, and tested in Katowice. We also provide support for the installation and maintenance of our software for clients across the globe.
Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. We are looking for a Mid and Senior Full-Stack Engineers with focus on NodeJS and React. You will join a small team of full-stack engineers that would bring about new crucial components to our platform. We currently aim at rethinking our Identity Management approach which would entail working on a new solution from conceptualisation all the way through implementation and deployment. Furthermore, the team supports different client projects that are exposed to diverse industries and challenging business requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain IoT modules and services.
- Write high-quality, well-documented and testable code.
- Participate in creating client-facing and internal administration dashboards.
- Research and experiment with new tools and technologies (especially Azure out of the box).
- Help design performant and clean APIs for our IoT services.
- Work closely with other teams on security and UX topics.
- Collaborate with colleagues in an agile and cross-functional team environment.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in full-stack engineering (preferably in Node & React).
- Expertise in building REST APIs (e.g. Koa, Swagger).
- Understanding of distributed systems (e.g. Kafka, MQTT, OAuth 2.0).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch).
- Comfortable working with Unix-like systems and DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes).
- Able to work in a structured, agile, and test-oriented manner.
- Experience with components in our stack is a great bonus.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of data protection and security.
- Practical experience with Azure services such as Active Directory (Azure certification is a plus).
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and Redux.
- Experience with build-up tools (e.g. Webpack) and testing tools (e.g. React Testing Library, Cypress).
- Experience in the field of (I)IoT.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Katowice city centre with a relaxation room, free coffee, snacks, and standing desks.
- Get exposed to international colleagues and customers from around the globe. Our working languages are Polish and English!
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free English classes.
- Have some fun with regular get-togethers, including sports events, seasonal parties, international trips and meetings.
- Competitive salary.
- IP author’s rights tax reliefs due to creative type of work (prawa autorskie).
- Benefits package, including private health care, life insurance, and fitness passes.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute and LuxMed to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- Hands-on experience with cutting edge technology, space for research and exploration.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.