Web Software Developer supporting online workflow forms (f/m/d) at European XFEL GmbH (Schenefeld, Deutschland)
Location: Schenefeld, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:56:46
Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
To support our IT & Data Management group we are looking for a
Web Software Developer supporting online workflow forms (f/m/d)
- analyse and identify the best solution to serve as European XFEL online form and form workflow engine, taking into consideration the specific needs and requirements of PLC hardware information and life-cycle
- integration of the identified tool into the existing operational services (XFEL Inventory system, control system, etc.)
- design and development of modules required for the integration of the identified solution tool with European XFEL internal services
- participation in testing, maintenance, documentation, and support of the developed modules
- support and administration of the developed modules
- participation in the development of other web application modules as required
- Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or information technology, or equivalent by experience
- minimum 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails or MVC web frameworks
- good knowledge of Linux
- very good communication skills in English
For additional information, please contact Krzysztof Wrona ([email protected]).
The working place will be Schenefeld, in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found here.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: E-291
Duration: This appointment is limited to 2 years.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Deadline: 15 September 2021
European XFEL GmbHHolzkoppel 4, 22869 Schenefeld, Germanywww.xfel.eu