.NET Full-stack Developer at Nmbrs BV (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:56:48
We are looking for a .NET Developer to join our Development team in our Amsterdam office. You’ll be part of the development of our Payroll/HR application, working in an agile mindset, creating new features, and helping us scale our product.Who we are
Nmbrs is a tight-knit family full of hard-working, passionate, and dedicated professionals. We develop cutting-edge software that provides our customers with the efficiency and control they need to give their employees the best possible HR and payroll service.
As a .NET Developer at Nmbrs, you’re going to architect and develop new features for our product and be involved in the software development life cycle. Your part will be more than just a coder. Here, everyone is involved and works together to come up with solutions to different situations, and making sure that we maintain the quality of our product's code.
Your squad consists of three disciplines: Product Owner, QA Engineer, and Developer(s). Together you’ll have ownership over one part of the Nmbrs® product.
You’ll not only be part of a squad but a member of the development chapter as well. All developers and DevOps engineers within the company are part of this chapter, which has +30 people at the moment. The chapter discusses long term development strategies, decide which technologies to use, and share knowledge, problems, and solutions with each other.
Your typical work week
The week starts on Monday of course when we share some events of our weekend at the coffee table. Usually, somewhere at the start of the week, a planning meeting will be held to decide how the current sprint is going to be tackled. All sprints are bi-weekly and tickets are planned and prioritized at the start.
Occasionally there is a so-called ‘code red’ when something in the application breaks. During this time everybody that can fix the situation is expected to do so. Your normal tasks will be on hold and it will be all hands on deck until the emergency is resolved.
Next to your daily software development duties, you will also be asked to join our development chapter meeting. During these meetings, you are invited to be part of the technical discussion of long-term decisions, which will influence future features. At the same time and at the squad level, you have the possibility of taking part in the technical and functional designs that define what will be done for the feature at hand. No matter how experienced you are or how long you’ve been working at Nmbrs, your voice will be heard and your opinion matters.
- Breaking up our monolithic architecture into microservices;
- Azure Migration optimisation;
- Adapt our front-end to use webcomponents.
Perks and Benefits
- Nmbrs is a flat, international organization in which you have the freedom to do what you are good at, in an agile working environment;
- A personal coach who helps you with your personal and professional growth and also the development of your squad;
- Post-Covid: Nmbrs will adopt a Hybrid work model (for now, we are following the government instructions)
- We organise regularly tech-meetups so you can learn with your colleagues and to foster internal knowledge sharing (you can also be a speaker!);
- We ensure a healthy work-life balance;
- To support the well-being of our employees, we provide the possibility to collect equipment from the office, but we have also allocated a budget for extra supplies to facilitate working from home;
- Weekly and monthly activities to maintain health, commitment, and connection with each other
We are looking for you if you have:
- Experience with .NET with Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Webforms);
- Knowledge of client-side development;
- Knowledge of SQL Server;
- Experience with unit testing frameworks;
- Interest in Design patters;
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery & continuous integration and have seen/worked (nice-to-have) with continuous deployment;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies;
- Collaborative and team player spirit: it’s important that you like to help your colleagues and are able to give and receive feedback;
- A solutions-oriented mind: you keep yourself updated with new technologies, procedures, and are able to apply them.