Senior Software Engineer (UI) at Lendi (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:56:49
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Lendi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us scale and maintain our internal products such as design system, shared component libraries and CMS products. We are looking for a self-driven front-end focused engineer who enjoys diving deep into technical challenges and sweats the details.
You’ll be working side-by-side with the high-performing, knowledgeable, and fun engineers and designers from the UI Systems team, tackling exciting and challenging engineering problems. You will also be partnering with our wider group of LUI Ops contributors, as well as collaborating with designers and developers across the company.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you'll be doing:
- Authoring a library of performant, accessible and flexible UI components using React and Storybook
- Building robust, performant, accessible and SEO friendly web applications that impact millions of customers
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Mentoring teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Owning the code you and your team build, which means supporting debugging, monitoring, and alerting in production
- Championing initiatives, informing and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Front End Engineer or similar
- Strong interest in creating reusable components, including design systems, shared component libraries, CMS modules and more
- Experience in node package management, monorepos, and library authoring
- Experience and understanding of best practices around performance, accessibility and security
- Experience with front end testing automation and handling of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Solid understanding of CSS fundamentals and experience with CSS-in-JS frameworks (Styled Components, Emotion, etc)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment on a consumer product.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or Bitbucket.
- Effective communication skills & proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
It would be good to have:
- Experience building a design system
- Experience with techniques such as progressive web apps and server-side rendering
- Experience working across the full stack
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with JAMstack including static site generators (NextJS, Gatsby) and Headless CMSes
- Knowledge of AWS (specifically IAM, S3 and DynamoDB)
- Exposure to automation and continuous delivery
Benefits and perks:
- ‘Flex First’ - flexibility of remote working (home and/or office)
- We take Career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- ‘Awesome Days’ - an extra day’s leave a year to do something awesome!
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.