Software Developer at Rockport (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:56:53
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our development team. The Software Developer assists in the development of software and web applications. They are responsible for completing project specifications and ensuring their implementation in all stages of a project. The Software Developer works closely with a team of developers to execute software projects for the VAL product.
At The Rockport Group, our team is family. We enjoy collaborating to solve challenging data management needs using the latest cloud computing technologies. We give each other the autonomy to make decisions and the space to learn from both our mistakes and our successes. We hire highly skilled professionals, then cultivate their passion for learning and drive to improve. At The Rockport Group, we believe your potential is one of your strongest assets.
What you will do
- Spend most of your time thinking about and writing code. This will be a combination of new code, code refactoring, and automation code. The code will be high-quality, clean, testable code that is evolvable, organized, and easily supported
- Contribute to the development of tools to help our product
- Contribute to the design and build of our product
- Perform and participate in code reviews and peer discussions
- Operate with limited direction while effectively communicating progress or roadblocks and seeking clarification and assistance when needed
- Subscribe to our standards and values
About the Job
- A can-do attitude, comfortable rolling-up sleeves to get the work done, and meeting deadlines
- An appreciation of amazing co-workers. Rockport feels more like a family than an employer
- Apply prior professional experience to new contexts to deliver solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - the ability to understand and express concepts, directions, and ideas effectively through writing, speaking, and presenting
- Proficiency writing production-ready code in C# (3+ years, preferably including .NET Framework/ .NET Core),
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Git, Trello, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Agile development
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Writing testable code, unit tests, and automated testing
- Working with a team practicing continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Self-motivation to learn and understand the concepts behind the system
- Experience coding in C++
- Knowledge of commercial property cash flow modeling evaluation practices
- Experience in developing high-performance systems
About the Perks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits suite including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) matching, flexible work options, a generous time-off policy, career development, peer recognition, and other fun perks. For a full list please refer to the Benefits @ The Rockport Group section of our careers page.
Interested in the position and think you are a good fit? Please apply. We look forward to talking with you.
The Rockport Group a Commercial Real Estate lending management Software as a Service (SaaS) system that allows for complete organization and analysis of clients' internal information related to CRE lending: analytic tools, a centralized information repository for deal documents, ad hoc reporting, excel integrations, asset-specific chart of accounts, full disaster recovery/security protocols, user-defined fields for custom integrations into a client's workflow and a full audit trail for every field in the system for compliance concerns.
The Rockport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer refer to our website for more details. This Job posting is intended for individual applicants only. Search firms and agencies should reach out to us separately at [email protected] for more information about doing business with The Rockport Group.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: Rockport has transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model and we are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This position has the option to be permanently US based remote.