Senior Backend Engineer at Blinks Labs GmbH (Berlin, Germany) (allows remote)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:56:55
Note from the Hiring Manager, Pierangelo:
"This ad goes out to those who want to do meaningful work, take ownership, and never stop learning. As a Senior Backend Engineer at Blinkist, you join our cross-functional team where iOS, Android, and Backend Engineers, Designers, QA, and a Product Owner collaborate with the help of an Agile Coach. This is where you come in."
What you will do
- Write high-quality and maintainable code. Test, collaboratively review, and ship it. Our stack is based on Ruby on Rails, but we’re always open to use different frameworks and/or programming languages.
- Follow and iterate on engineering best practice to achieve a robust code base, e.g. through code reviews and unit tests.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to build new features.
- Support other teams in finding pragmatic solutions that can be implemented in a reasonable amount of time.
- Identify and proactively address challenges on the backend, driving complex technical decisions within your peer group.
- Take ownership of managing and extending our backend services. Use your technical expertise in building backend architecture and infrastructure at scale.
- In-depth experience in building and delivering robust, scalable platforms tackling performance and optimisation problems.
- Expertise with Rest APIs, modern database technologies at high scale and both testing and observability patterns.
- Advanced understanding of different programming paradigms, clean code, high quality tests, security as well as performance related topics.
- Proficient in English and comfortable communicating even complex technical information. We work in a hybrid set-up, so clear communication is important for us.
Great to have
- Demonstrated ability to own and carry out a big project end to end involving complex decisions based on business and technological impact.
- Hands-on experience with AWS.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field.
At Blinkist, we embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work remotely, from home, or the Blinkist office. This position is fully remote with your main location being in Germany or Spain. For candidates wishing to relocate to Berlin, we support both relocation and visa processes.
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support our diversity. We are committed to fair and inclusive hiring practices and want to provide equal opportunity.