Senior Software Engineer (9557) at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:05
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is looking for a highly driven Senior Software Engineering. Join a diverse and talented team tasked with contributing to the design, architecture, and implementation of the Symitar product and its supporting systems. This strategic role is committed to bringing modern and cutting-edge technology to the credit union community. If you want to work for a company that truly values it’s employees and is on Forbes Top Places to Work list, this role is for you!
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred).
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in software development.
- Application development using a modern object-oriented language (C# /.Net)
- Skilled in Agile software development practices
- Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Restful services experience
- System design and architecture
- Use of templates or models for code generation
- Credit union or financial services industry experience
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Occasional business travel as needed.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.