Software Engineer - Entry Level/Graduate at General Dynamics UK () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:06
General Dynamics Mission, Systems has an exciting opening for entry level Software Engineers. We’re looking for full-time graduate level Software Engineers, with the option for remote and flexible working, and the role comes with a salary of £28,350 to £31,500 p/a. dependant upon experience. The software engineers will be joining an Agile Release Team responsible for delivering critical products into a program that includes transforming existing platforms into an open and flexible technology and business architecture.
In this role, here are some of the areas you would have been working in this week:
- Developing software units in C# using Test Driven Development based on modern S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Graphical interface design, development and testing
- Developing component level tests using Behaviour Driven Development frameworks available for .NET
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits such as a compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours – which means every other Friday off. A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company and a flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded with a flexible benefits scheme.
To apply, you will require the following:
- A degree in a relevant discipline and ideally experience with C# and Microsoft Visual Studio in a .NET development environment
- A background in software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems
- A genuine interest an passion in developing your career as a Software Engineer
These flexible Software roles could either be based in our offices in Oakdale, South Wales or based remotely, requiring travel to our site.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, ethnic minority groups and those with a disability.