Software Architect at NovoPath () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:08
NovoPath is looking for a leader to manage a team of developers, while remaining a hands-on contributor. The Team Lead/Software Architect will lead multiple full-stack engineering teams focused on improving NovoPath’s next-generation of SaaS based products. You will oversee enhancing architecture, user interfaces, relational databases, Azure cloud serverless tools, and other applications focused on improving our SaaS product and continuing our transition to a fully cloud-based architecture. You will also participate in our Agile scrum ceremonies and thrive on the opportunity to help teams deliver incremental value daily. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds that are meaningfully improving patient outcomes.
- Architect and design straightforward solutions to problems.
- Lead, mentor, and assist a small team of developers in full stack, modern web development.
- Facilitate day to day management responsibilities including team support, feedback, open discussions, and time management.
- Communicate and manage technical requirements to developers both on and offshore.
- Identify and implement best practices for quality and efficient software engineering.
- Drive usability and architectural improvements to our SaaS Products.
- Build user interfaces and internal processes that optimize accessing large databases.
- Participate in thoughtful and constructive code reviews.
- Foster an inclusive team environment where people can be their best selves.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience using modern web application architecture (Angular, single page applications, microservices, serverless architecture, APIs, SSO) with a focus on scalability.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud related tools/services/architecture, preferably in Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of APIs utilizing different API standards (e.g. Rest, Graphql) with experience in high-volume data environments.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Constantly be looking to innovate and being excited to work with cutting edge tech.
- Self-motivated with an innate curiosity around emerging technology and platforms.
- Excellent relationship building, time management and organization skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with a focus on a Secure SDLC.
- Be cool to work with, value diversity and enjoy working without a ton of hand holding.
The ideal candidate also has:
- Strong familiarity with DevOps best practices.
- Experience architecting and configuring cloud-based hosting environments such as Azure.
- Experience designing and working with relational databases, SQL Server preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the Angular framework.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Expertise in identifying and driving process improvements.
- A desire to participate in and lead code-review sessions, helping to identify potential problems and/or alternative solutions.
- Proven experience with serverless technologies.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Our office is based in NJ but open to full-time remote applicants.