Lead Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer at Baker Hughes (Billerica, MA)
Location: Billerica, MA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:14
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Panametrics is looking for a Lead Firmware Engineer to work collaboratively with Global cross functional teams to develop state of the art, next-generation industrial sensing products, solutions and platforms. Key responsibilities include requirements definition, documentation, architecture, design, algorithm development and validation.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Perform cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Support sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years’ experience with developing embedded C/C++ applications for embedded operating systems such as Linux, QNX Neutrino, Micrium μC/OS, etc. on ARM targets.
- Experience with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC architecture, design workflow, Xilinx’s SDK and Peta Linux tools.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Git, SVN.
- Proficient in using softwares/hardware debugging techniques.
- Experience with Industrial communication protocols like HART, Foundation Fieldbus, OPC UA and MQTT is a plus.
- Experienced with serial communications including RS232, RS485, Modbus, I2C and SPI.
- Experience with the Peta Linux/Yocto design workflow.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Sockets, Ethernet stack, etc.
- Experience with real-time implementation of Signal Processing algorithms.
- Experience working directly with external vendor(s) to integrate and troubleshoot issues with chips and drivers.
- Familiarity with Dev tools like IAR’s Embedded Workbench IDE, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematic and PCB layout designs. Capable of hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeters, etc.
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication.
- Practical experience with design of industrial products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers.