Software Engineer - Embedded at Roam Robotics (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:14
A BIT ABOUT US
Roam Robotics was founded in 2013 by Dr. Tim Swift. We're innovating medical devices that help people live the life they want. As part of our journey, we've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm to find team members who can problem solve and contribute to our exciting mission. We're the innovation leaders in our space and we're looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We all have to make a living, but what if you had the opportunity to impact people's lives while doing so? Our favorite days here are when we get to change a customer's life. Help them into our device and see them light up as they no longer grasp a handrail in pain. Watch them smile as they ask to keep going when a moment ago they couldn't stand the idea of a flight of stairs.
You can have that impact too.
Roam Robotics is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to help us build our cutting-edge technology to be the best out there. You'll architect and build our systems to help us improve our product. You'll collaborate with our software, electrical, and hardware departments to meet the specific objectives of our amazing robotics product suite. We expect that you'll have a sound background in software engineering and apply your problem solving ability to make a great product better. You'll report to our VP Engineering. This is a full-time position working in the Roam Robotics facility in San Francisco; this is NOT a hybrid or remote position.
You'll work in an independent environment where you'll architect software and test embedded systems. You will be expected to adhere to Agile and Scrum methodologies and use these techniques to enhance our processes. Expect to collaborate within the department, understand software engineering objectives, implement features and build a team around your success.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience architecting software for embedded systems that use multiple microcontroller platforms.
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Working knowledge on testing embedded systems
- Solid on software engineering best practices
- Ability to write clean and concise code
NICE TO HAVE
- Background in healthcare
- Proficiency in reading detailed schematics
- Electrical Engineering background to help with team communication
- Experience developing embedded software for roboticsor mechatronics
- Working knowledge of firmware security
Detail Oriented - Lots of moving pieces! We're a robotics company.
Strong Communication Skills - You'll work independently and will need to collaborate with the team through your design and testing process.
Problem Solving - As an Engineer, what can you contribute to help us solve our problems and build a better product.
- Dynamic and effective management of team project pipeline
- Leadership in implementation of Scrum principles
- Initiative in adhering to Agile development standards
- Hire, train and develop team of engineers
- One on one coaching sessions with team engineers
- Debug code when needed
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Be part of the team that ships the first product
- Help define how our team grows
- Forecast for product improvement
- Help guide our insight on what it will take in order to make our product a reality.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Work on forecasting needs for the next year
- Begin hiring your own team. Expect to bring on three to four Engineers.
- Be part of the next product launch for the Performance Team
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Develop a clear process for interacting with your team
- Establish clear guidelines on how your team will interact interdepartmentally
- Define strong standards of communication internally and externally so you can forecast accurate timelines
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Roam pays 100% of Health, Dental, Vision premiums for employees, 75% for dependents
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
So, what are you waiting for? If you are passionate about being a thought leader and want to work with smart people that are committed to accomplishing great things, then apply today!
Roam Robotics is committed to equal opportunity employment and values diversity at our company. Roam Robotics provides all employees a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Any and all offers of employment extended by Roam Robotics are conditional on candidates' ability to provide satisfactory proof of eligibility to maintain full-time employment in the United States. At this time, Roam Robotics is unable to provide visa sponsorship and no relocation assistance will be provided.
Roam Robotics maintains contracts with the US Military, you may, at a later time, be required to obtain a US Government security clearance as a condition of continued employment. As of this moment, there is no such requirement for any current or future employee.