Software Engineer - Quantum Computing at ColdQuanta Inc. (Madison, WI)
Location: Madison, WI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:15
ColdQuanta is developing a quantum computing platform utilizing a novel approach with neutral cold atoms. The core technology depends on carefully integrated software and hardware components. The software efforts are largely greenfield, so there is considerable opportunity to develop new architectures and solutions.
We are looking for a senior-level software engineer with teaching and mentoring experience to play an active role in our technical efforts as well as mentoring and training other engineers.
The position will be based in Madison, WI or Boulder, CO, with collaboration at ColdQuanta's UK offices and the quantum computing research group at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- A high level of skill and experience with Python
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience
- Skilled in typical software engineering disciplines: testing, error-handling, readability, documentation, general code health, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with data structures and algorithms
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with at least one compiled language such as C/C++ or Rust.
- Interest and ability to research topics in mathematics, physics, and/or quantum information science
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Gather requirements by communicating with researchers, end users, and team members
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Communicate your software designs and tools through documentation and design reviews
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave
- Stock Option Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program
ColdQuanta is an advanced cold-atom technology and engineering company, with scientists and engineers comprising more than 75% of its staff. ColdQuanta is a world leader in the development of quantum atomics - technology based on atoms cooled and controlled by lasers. The company has 12 years of experience developing products and systems for scientific and industrial applications including atomic clocks, inertial positioning, and radiofrequency sensing. Some of our hardware currently orbits the earth on the International Space Station. We are leveraging this deep experience in atomic systems to build a highly scalable quantum computing platform.
ColdQuanta offers a competitive compensation package including health insurance, 401(k), school loan reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and vacation and sick pay among other benefits to all full-time employees.
At ColdQuanta we benefit from our diverse team in tackling some of the hardest problems in fundamental science and engineering. ColdQuanta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status