Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Unlimited Tomorrow, Inc. (Rhinebeck, NY)
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:25
Summary: Unlimited Tomorrows mission is to empower amputees with an intuitive, scalable model to create custom devices from start to finish. We utilize the newest technologies such as 3D scanning, 3D printing, and software to make the next generation of artificial limbs at the lowest cost possible.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to be responsible for a variety of projects that span across our software systems - Front end user facing tools, internal tools, embedded systems, and machine learning - to join us at our headquarters in Rhinebeck. NY.
To be successful in this position you will need to be comfortable working in a startup environment and excited by the idea of playing a key role in the refinement and creation of new products.
You will be expected to come in and learn the ins and outs of our product to eventually be able to own projects end to end and collaborate with fellow teammates on items where you can be a resource and where you may need assistance to accomplish your goals. We have a great team who currently produce and deliver an accessible quality product; we are looking for someone who will be a great fit with our current team and a strong contributor and advocate for an inspirational, open, and welcoming company culture - and ideally someone who can take it to the next level: increasing product confidence, automating systems, inspiring and educating the team, and collaborating with everyone to not just satisfy our users but thrill them.
- Develop firmware and embedded software
- Familiarize yourself with and assess all software systems
- Devise and document tests for validating projects and engineering changes
- Collaborate with all engineering departments to create holistic solutions for user issues and stories
- Collaborate with our Firmware Department on best practices for architecture, embedded design, and resource management
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion
- Contribute meaningfully to the creation and implementation of new features in our current products as well as future products
- Be a technical resource for the team