Data Engineer at Trax Retail Ltd (Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel)
Location: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:27
Trax is looking for a Data Engineer to join its Data Services team. This person will be responsible for Trax's main DWH, managing extensive parts of our data flows and data model designs, closely working with both BI and DBA teams serving management, operations, finance, and product strategy units.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, highly-motivated, SW engineer with strong affinity to state of the art data technologies. He or she is expected to be a self-learner that continuously seeks to push the envelope, following new and emerging trends in technology while working in a complex setting.
- Design, build and deploy complex data pipelines, moving and manipulating Trax’s data from multiple data sources – RDBMS, NoSQL systems, proprietary software, etc.
- Provide technical support and help design data models reflecting our internal processes and our customers’ needs.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that may drive efficiency and introduce these to relevant architecture, research and development teams.
- Support production environment with both internal and external parties
- Continuously develop and govern the BI DWH
- 3+ years hands on experience with python/Java/C#, SQL and NoSQL
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principals
- Experience with BI processes and tools - a must
- Good familiarity with Spark, Scala, Linux power tools (bash, sed, awk, etc.) – an advantage
- Experience with GCP data tools and Big Query – an advantage
- Experience with code deployment and version control - an advantage
- B.Sc/M.Sc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent certifications B.Sc/M.Sc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent certifications