Fully Remote Mid-Level or Senior Software Engineer - Platform9 at Platform9 (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:34
Position: Mid-Level or Senior Software Engineer
Salary: $140K - $180K (dependent on work location & level of experience)
HQ: Mountain View, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S.
Perks: Attractive Equity + Flexible PTO + Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits + 401(k) plan + more
Platform9 enables freedom in cloud computing by empowering enterprises to consume infrastructure of their choice using open-source, cloud-native technologies. Platform9 makes it easy for enterprises to operate and scale private, edge, and hybrid clouds with its industry-first SaaS management plane for Kubernetes.
The Role and Your Impact:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems that are used by our customers as well as internal teams
- Help diagnose and debug production issues on customer environments
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to build features that will be used at large scale
- Follow – and develop – good engineering practices, tools and processes
What you may have:
- You have at least 2-7+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
- Proficient in any of the following technologies: Golang, Python, or Node.js, Bash scripting, Linux, OpenStack
- You are good at spoken and written communication – this includes design documentation, APIs, comments and everything else that goes with building maintainable software
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies. The “cloud native” field of software is rapidly evolving: you’ll need to stay aware of it and quickly learn new technologies whenever necessary or relevant.
Bonus If You Have:
Being a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers