Software Engineer (Back End) at Lendi (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:35
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology-enabled to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Lendi is looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join our Integrations team on a permanent basis. The Integrations team guides, implements and facilitates direct integrations with lender APIs. Our vision is to abstract away the intricacies of integrating with lenders and provide consistent and modern interfaces for our entire engineering team, enabling easier and more reliable development for the future.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Creating and maintaining services using serverless
- Enforcing and guiding best practices with Node.js and Typescript
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Building robust, scalable software as a key member of our core engineering team
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
- Guiding less experienced engineers
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Owning the code you and your team build, which means supporting debugging, monitoring and alerting in production
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in building and deploying Node.js + Typescript microservices to the cloud
- Experience working with infrastructure/configuration as code and CI/CD
- Experience using and developing RESTful API
- A strong grasp on best practice and the ability to guide and mentor other members on the team
- A passion for building automated, fault-tolerant and reliable applications
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way in which you and your teamwork
- Proficient understanding of Git and code management tools (one of; Bitbucket, GitHub, etc)
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers and stakeholders
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Knowledge of AWS specifically IAM, S3 and DynamoDB
- Understanding of event-driven systems
- Has exposure to automation and continuous delivery
Benefits and perks:
- ‘Flex First’ - flexibility of remote working (home and/or office)
- We take Career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- ‘Awesome Days’ - an extra day’s leave a year to do something awesome!
Lendi Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.