Backend Developer at Golden Hippo (Los Angeles, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:36
Who We Are:Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories - to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning cultureÃ¢ÂÂ¦ Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Backend Developer who will be responsible for developing custom eCommerce and Marketing software solutions. This role will work closely with the web development andoperations teams delivering custom software solutions for the Advertising and Marketing teams.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Engineer and operate a platform composed of multiple software systems that interoperate to provide eCommerce and other services in cloud environments including AWS, GCP and Salesforce.
- Develop and maintain solutions for accepting payments online including credit card processing, PayPal and Amazon Pay.
- Develop and maintain fraud detection and tax calculation solutions using technology including AvaTax.
- Develop and maintain solutions in NodeJS and Java that connect with Salesforce.
- Develop and maintain solutions using server technologies including Facebook Business SDK, Google Ads API, Heroku API and AWS SDK.
- Ensure successful delivery of new eCommerce and Marketing software solutions and provide migration and ongoing support for consumer facing websites.
- Support and develop data collection pipelines to optimize business intelligence with data coming from numerous sources such as web pages, video players and eCommerce experiences, in varying formats, stored across multiple cloud environments.
- Support and develop custom integrations between managed brands and a variety of web traffic sources including Outbrain, Taboola, Criteo, Facebook and Google and proactively work to enhance the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns and integrations with partner systems.
- Architect solutions that are stable and maintainable.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5-7 years' eCommerce development experience with NodeJS and Java
- Full stack experience including Salesforce and front-end development preferred
- Proven experience in engineering large service-oriented systems supporting cross-browser eCommerce solutions
- Advanced skills in the full software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of delivering eCommerce solutions with strong security and performance characteristics.
- Working knowledge of content management system (CMS) driven eCommerce.
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic and forward thinking
Equal Employment OpportunityGolden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
Hiring PracticesThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote