Engineering Team Lead at Lendi () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:43
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform, and we are looking for an experienced Team Lead to lead and manage one of our cross-functional engineering teams.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer borrowers a platform that gives them control of the most important financial decision of their lives. It also saves mortgage professionals from the drudgery of today's tools and makes their jobs both exciting and meaningful.
Our developers and engineers are the key people leading that revolution as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Driving strong agile practices in the team constantly striving to improve the way you and your team work
- Leading and managing a small and talented team of engineers with a positive and can-do attitude
- Owning significant parts of the system, designing and delivering robust, fault-tolerant, and quality stable solutions
- Building full-stack, robust, scalable software as a key member of our engineering team
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders verbally and in written form
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Championing a “you build it, you own it” culture with your team; driving the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
What you’ll bring:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience in leading and managing a small number of engineers
- Solid expertise in building reliable and scalable web applications, specialised in at least one of the following areas:
- Strong experience in React and associated technologies
- Strong experience in NodeJS, Typescript and associated technologies
- Experience in building RESTful Services and the ability to define swagger contracts with other teams
- Experience in containerisation (Docker)
- Strong understanding of event-driven systems and Kafka
- Strong knowledge of Microsites and Microservices architectures and patterns
- Proficient in software development and agile best practices and the ability to guide and mentor members of the team
- Experience having worked productively as part of an agile cross functional team eg. product managers and designers
- Sound knowledge and interest in unit, integration, performance, and end-to-end (functional) tests
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers and stakeholders
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- NoSQL experience. Eg. Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically IAM, S3, EC2, Lambda
- Experience with event-driven systems or messaging patterns
- Exposure to automation and continuous delivery practices
Benefits and perks:
- Lendi Group takes career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it!
- Enjoy the flexibility of remote working arrangements: while headquartered in Sydney, we are open to applicants anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- 'Awesome Days' - an extra day's leave each year for you to do something awesome!
- We are a people-first company that invests in initiatives to promote a healthy work environment, such as offering an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and psychological safety workshops.
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.