Senior Software Engineer, Security, Devices & Services at Google (Mountain View, CA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-31 05:00:55
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience in systems security software development and design.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java.
- Experience with Cryptography and Security Assessments.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams across Google: engineering, security, product management, and more, and you will be working on security solution sketches for the services supporting Google consumer devices.
You will leverage existing Google technology to fit specific security demands, or develop a novel solution when needed. You will be a part of the ongoing movement within the company to set the bar for how Google builds trust into the services and infrastructure designed to safely deliver exceptional product experiences. Depending on the need, you will have opportunities to develop prototyping code in different languages, as well as experimenting with hardware form factors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Learn how various security technologies (design/implementation related) at Google and within the Industry work.
- Produce solution sketches for security services supporting various Google devices.
- Act as a solutions architect to lead cross-functional efforts to deliver security solutions.
- Conduct design/code reviews, security assessment, security reviews.
- Develop prototype code.