Application Support Analyst at Worldline (Nottingham, UK)
Location: Nottingham, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-01 05:00:52
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled Application Support Analyst, then get ready to join our company.
We are looking for someone with the business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate processes, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the ever-changing needs of our customers. In this role, you will work with complex systems, at every stage of their life cycle. We are looking to recruit a Support Analyst to assist with supporting our Retail products and services used by both our external brand, redspottedhanky, and by several Train Operating Companies and others.
You’ll be an integral part of our Retail Systems team and your technical know-how and well-honed problem-solving skills will be essential in ensuring the smooth running of a range of ‘live’ applications. Working closely with the managed services teams who run the customer-facing services, you’ll be their go-to person to iron out any technical glitches that appear in the system.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- You support, maintain and test technical solutions based on business requirements
- You work with the Application Support Manager and Service Manager on the day-to-day operation of the products and services
- You provide technical analysis on incidents on Windows and Linux, and SQL Server and MySQL Databases and accompanying technologies.
- You document all aspects of software, for ongoing maintenance and revisions.
- You liaise with customers, providing support for administration functions and provide advice and guidance on the use of our products and services
- You investigate and resolve support calls, often using problem solving techniques.
- You may be required to provide on-call support
- You collaborate with other IT specialists, technicians, etc., to deliver software solutions.
- You identify and assist in developing enhancement opportunities across the enterprise through innovation and automation.
- You standardize and automate processes and monitoring using scripting technologies
- You conduct high-level analysis for service interruption and establish preventive measures
- You create reports and documentation outlining findings and solutions
- You participate in on-going training to stay current in required skills.
- You keep management and support teams up-to-date with regular progress reports
- You monitor daily reports and processes to ensure there are no system failures
- You build relationships with customers, other support teams and suppliers, and produce outline solutions and estimates for software changes as part of any bids for new work
Signs of success
- You are team oriented but can also work independently
- You identify potential issues and integrate possible solutions
- You have experience working with cloud technologies but you are willing to embrace maintenance of traditional applications.
Skills we can’t do without:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Versatile, flexible and able to work across multiple systems/ technologies
- Experience in Application support
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Fluent in English
- Ability to develop subject matter expertise across all the systems you support, including technical details and operational processes
- Confident analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced working in a ‘support’ environment, including liaising with end-users
- Recent working experience of SQL in a Windows environment; plus ITIL compliance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Keen interest in learning many different systems
Skills we’d like:
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions (AWS, Redshift, Tableau etc)
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management tools (SOTI MobiControl, EloView)
- Knowledge of a variety of modern programming languages (.Net, Java) and open-source technologies (Linux, Docker).
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: C#, Java, JBoss, ASP.NET, IIS, Apache, Linux, HTML, Powershell, SSL Certificates, Excel Macros.
- SQL Server tuning knowledge