Principal Software Engineer (Python/APIs) at Belvo Technologies () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-02 05:00:05
A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We are currently 70 people, projected to be 100+ by the end of 2021. Our team currently represents 15 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo - while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
Lead the architecture, design and implementation of Backend services and APIs powering Belvo FinTech infrastructure.
Coordinate technical execution with other team members. Envision solutions collaboratively and coordinate their execution as a team, addressing technical and coordination issues.
Mentor other engineers and be a force multiplier.
Build excellent documentation, SDKs, client libraries. Continuously improve the “developer experience” of Belvo’s platform
Be customer-focused, think as a user of our APIs. Proactively tackle potential improvements and customer pain points.
Carefully manage API retro compatibility, document API changes and implement deprecation plans
Implement automated quality assurance and monitoring modules
You can be part of the gang if:
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, of which 2+ as a Principal Engineer / Tech Lead
Strong experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
Strong professional experience with Python and Django.
Willingness to solve challenging problems
Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
You appreciate good documentation, internal and external.
Attention to detail, especially around performance, reliability, and security.
Excellent spoken and written English
Fintech and SaaS past experience
Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
Our perks: Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
Flexible working hours
Access to mental health service
Paid time off on your birthday
Work from any office twice per year
Renew your laptop every 2 years
Team building events
Bank holidays swap inside the same month
Fitness/ wellness stipends
Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings