Frontend Team Leader at eBay Classifieds Group (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-02 05:01:18
Gumtree Australia is Australia’s favourite local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 80,000 new ads are posted every single day.
On average, more than 7 million Australians visit Gumtree each month, and we’re proud to say we’re one of the top shopping apps in Australia.
Facilitating successful and safe local trade is our main priority. Our mission is to empower people and create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to engage to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group* already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for a Front-End Team Lead to join the Gumtree Australia team in Sydney. As a Front-End Team Lead, your primary role is ensuring that members of your team grow as engineers, do valuable work and have a great time at Gumtree! You'll also be responsible for the development of Front-End platform strategy alongside the Architect and ensuring technology/platform decisions align to the Technology Strategy and Roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop people in your team through coaching, mentoring, and management support.
- You will advocate for Front-End development standards (Performance, Security, CI, Testing, Quality, etc.), and promote leadership at all levels within the eCG engineering community.
- You will grow the technical expertise of the team on performance, scalability and maintainable architecture.
- You will collaborate closely with product and tech teams, product managers, delivery leads and other partners to ensure we deliver innovative solutions for our business OKRs.
- You will also work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard new engineers.
Who you are:
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring teams.
- You are knowledgeable about Front-End development technologies and have a solid understanding of general web technologies. Our tech stack includes React, Node, CSS-in-JS. OpenStack and GCP experience a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of scalable and modular solutions to handle millions of transactions.
- You care about developing people as a team leader.
- You preferably have large-scale experience in an Agile development environment.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta* and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Gumtree in Australia, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.