Chief Architect (f/m/d) Engineering Software at Siemens AG (Erlangen, Germany)
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-03 05:00:41
Location: Erlangen, other germanwide Siemens locations are possible
Bridge builder between business and technology.
Software architects do everything they can to understand what stands behind systems. Whatever business model or idea it is - as part of our team, you develop the appropriate architecture and convey the crucial details of Why and When to all involved. In development, we value you as a professional consultant who motivates others and thinks ahead, removes obstacles and actively supports implementation. In addition, you always keep an eye on the overall project from a technical, contractual or financial perspective. Join us to make a significant impact on digitalization and drive your own career as an expert - in a promising environment.
Efficient Engineering is a newly founded Siemens department that is responsible for the end-to-end development and promotion of automation software products for the control sector of Siemens Digital Industries. We live a trusting and open working environment. With great dedication, passion and personal commitment, we are more than just a team of employees, we are shapers of our own company. Within Efficient Engineering, we are looking for you to be the chief architect of a value stream with the goal of building an automation environment by software developers for software developers.What part will you play?
- As chief architect, you are responsible for the architectural quality of the software products of the Value Stream. You always keep an eye on the entire system and find a good balance between local and global optimisations.
- You support several Scrum teams in the independent planning and execution of demanding software development tasks. This means, for example, that you conduct software reviews for requirements analysis and software design and are responsible for architecture governance including the collection and analysis of architecture metrics.
- You actively help to select and acquire new customers for the co-creation of software products.
- You provide the architectural vision of Value Stream products across all domains and technical aspects and ensure sustainability and integrity of this vision throughout the product lifecycle in line with the Efficient Engineering and Digital Industries Factory Automation business strategy.
- You will be responsible for the software design of all Value Stream products from the ground up (including prototyping of new approaches and forward-looking technologies) and assist in building appropriate and sustainable business models.
- You act as a coach for our Scrum teams in terms of code quality (metrics), clean software architecture and programming guidelines.
- You are an important connection between the architecturally relevant stakeholders and manage them on different levels within and outside Siemens.
What you need to make real what matters.
- The basis of your success is a master degree in an IT or technology field or equivalent academic background.
- Thanks to your longtime expertise in clarifying requirements, defining the architecture, managing the implementation and the relevant project participants at various hierarchical levels, you are very familiar with stakeholder and customer management.
- You live and drive agile software development, with a special focus on technical excellence. In this way, you support your colleagues in making the best possible decisions on their own responsibility.
- You look forward to applying your in-depth knowledge of modern technologies (e.g. .NET, Node, Docker, Git) and practices (e.g. DevOps, Clean Code/Architecture, Pair Programming, Open Source, Design Patterns) and sharing it with your colleagues. Your strong domain knowledge in automation gives you confidence in discussions with other experts.
- You find it easy to visualise and document complex issues at the right level of abstraction so that the target group can work with it.
- You are able to think analytically and abstractly in order to find the best and most sustainable solution to a problem within the given solution space.
- Based on excellent communication skills in German and English, you like to discuss and drive your ideas, designs and APIs in close collaboration on team and management level.
- Through a high degree of empathy and openness, you win the trust of your colleagues. Your open, challenging and appreciative nature motivates them to rise above themselves. You are able to lead people without formal power.
- If you are looking for personal responsibility and end-to-end accountability, you are our ideal candidate.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.