Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering at Google (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-03 05:00:46
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Googles technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google's servicesboth our internally critical and our externally-visible systemshave reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SREs will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. On the SRE team, youll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Google, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. To learn more: check out our books on Site Reliability Engineering, watch a recorded Hangout on Air to meet some of our SREs, or read a career profile about why a Software Engineer chose to join SRE.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.